Cheddar-Mashed Potato "Latke" Waffles with Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 cups cold or room temperature mashed potatoes (preferably unseasoned)
- 1 cup bleached all purpose flour or 1/2 potato flour (starch)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large scallions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (less for pre-seasoned mashed potatoes)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional for serving)
Heat the waffle maker. Meanwhile add all the ingredients to a large bowl including 1/2 of the scallions, and whisk thoroughly.
Grease the hot waffle iron well. Add 1/3 cup for each waffle. Cook until golden brown on the inside, about 5 minutes per waffle. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, additional scallions, and hot sauce, if desired.
Share this Post